Thursday, November 29, 2007

Renew Your Spirit

Feeling overwhelmed? Watch this speech by Jimmy Valvano accepting an ESPY award in 1993. This will help to renew your spirit. Thanks to Chris Lehmann & Jen Wagner for sharing this on twitter, it made my heart swell. This clip will remind you to enjoy life.






*Be warned, it's a tear jerker.

One of my favorite quotes from the speech:
"To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And Number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."

*Jimmy Valvano passed away a few months after this speech after a battle with cancer.

3 comments:

suzyq said...

Thanks for the reminder.

Melissa said...

Just wanted to tell you that your blog site is awesome! Seriously, I learned about Snap Shot from looking at your site (among other things) and was also inspired to try and make my site better :) Keep up the good work.

By the way, noticed that you sent me a comment way back asking what subject I teach. It's health and PE at the Westbury Middle School. My delayed response just shows what a blog slacker I am.

The Amy Blog said...

what an amazing speech...I was surprised how I was so interested in listening to him for 10 minutes...Laugh, Think, and be emotional...How simple yet complex to 'fit' into everyday life...as susan said, thanks for the reminder, Christine...