Friday, January 4, 2008

Experiential Mono-Ski Clinic: Anticipation

Normally, I blog about using technology in the classroom. Tomorrow however, I'll be learning to use technology on the slopes; adaptive ski technology.

I recently won a scholarship to attend an experiential mono ski clinic through the PSIA-E (Professional Ski Instructors of America - East). I'm currently Level I - Adaptive certified to teach skiers who are visually impaired and/or cognitively challenged. In order to pursue my Level II - certification I need exposure to more adaptive ski disciplines like teaching mono or bi-skiers.

My friend Tom is a fantastic mono skier who I work with on the slopes. You can learn more about mono skiing at his site SitSki.com. I also embedded one of his inspiring videos below.

I'm a little nervous about what I will learn and experience during this two day clinic. I have a feeling I'll have to ski in the bucket and I'm scared. I promise to keep you posted with pictures and reflection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a chance to visit The Ski Channel which is having all sorts of contests where you can win 3 nights in Crested Butte, lift tickets, and much more. Check out: http://www.theskichannel.com to enter now…