Thursday, February 21, 2008

Meme: Passion Quilt

Thanks to my co-teacher, Lisa Parisi for tagging me for this "passion quilt" meme post.

The rules are simple.
1. Think about what you are passionate about teaching your students.
2. Post a picture from a source like FlickrCC or Flickr Creative Commons or make/take your own that captures what YOU are most passionate about for kids to learn about...and give your picture a short title.
3. Title your blog post "Meme: Passion Quilt" and link back to this blog entry.
4. Include links to 5 folks in your professional learning network or whom you follow on Twitter/Pownce.

My Picture


This is a class picture that we took for our comparing hemispheres wiki that we worked on with AllanahK's class in New Zealand. It was a fun global based research project in which our students researched and compared various scientific phenomena that occur in our world.

My Passion
I am passionate about letting our students play to learn with the help of technology. I remember their excitement the first time they saw our SmartBoard. Even after half a school year, the kids are still giddy when they use it or the airliner. I love the smiles when they've received a comment from their "blog buddy," or our skype phone rings, or we receive an e-mail vodcast or podcast from one of our global friends. While there are some teachers who haven't taken the technology leap yet, it makes me happy to know that I am teaching kids during a teachnology revolution.

You've been tagged:
I'm passing this meme onto five like-minded teachers and/or tech savvy librarians. :)
Pat Hensley My new SpeduBlogger Friend
Karen Kliegman TEAMFriend
Brian Crosby An Edublogger/Twitter Friend
Diane Cordell An Edublogger/Twitter Librarian Friend
Keri TEAMFriend

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

I was tagged last week on this so I'm posting my link to it: http://successfulteaching.blogspot.com/2008/02/meme-passion-quilt.html. Glad to have you as a friend!