Tuesday, July 8, 2008

21st Century Skills--Merging Community w/School Using Cultural Resources in the Classroom

Hello friends,
My last two gabcasts were an assignment and an experiment I did for my graduate level summer class, 21st Century Skills -- Merging Community with School Using Cultural Resources in the Classroom. I was asked to use gabcast as part of my project, but in the process I learned that I could set up my account to publish live to my blog, and it worked! You just need a cellphone and a code and password provided to you by gabcast.

For my assignment, I choose to visit the Long Island Children's Museum and focus on the Changes and Challenges exhibit. The gallery is comprised of a house, school and outdoor environment that allows children to experience how people with differing abilities adapt to daily challenges.
While my wiki assignment is still a work in progress, feel free to check it out here. My wiki assignment was to create differentiated assignments for my students to complete before, during and after our field trip to the exhibit. I chose to focus my assignment around the acceptance unit that Lisa and I begin our school year with.

Here are some pictures from my field trip to the LICM.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

Great pictures! I'm enjoying reading your blog and hearing your gabcast too! Good luck in your course.