Friday, July 11, 2008

Social Stories Using Mixbook

Yesterday I came up with the idea to have my intermediate students create social stories for the primary autism students at our school. Below is a model that I created for my graduate course. I thought the idea had potential since the project connects students across grade levels, it empowers the intermediate students as helping the younger students with a purposeful activity and fosters disability awareness for the general education students through hands on interaction and application. I also like how the Mixbook can be viewed online from home or on the SmartBoard as a presentation tool in the autism classroom. Parents or teachers could also order the books through Mixbook, and perhaps Mixbook would consider helping us do this as a fund raiser for SEPTA (Special Education PTA). Have you seen this before? What do you think?

BTW - This is my first social story. I'm not sure if I did it correctly.




No comments: