Saturday, November 15, 2008

Do You See What I See? Take II

After viewing my blog for the blog challenge using http://browsershots.org/, I've been concerned about how our classroom website and blog might look to our students and parents when they're viewing the two sites outside of school on different browsers. I'm starting to wonder about whether they see what we intended them to see. I hope the answer is yes, but just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that ideal online view depends on the eye of the browser.

So next on my in school to-do list is to poll the class for the types of browsers they use to view our sites outside of school. Based on their feedback, I can take some browser shots of our website and blog to see what they look like in those specific browsers. In addition to this, I'd like to use Google Analytics on the two sites to analyze how much action the sites are really getting. While Lisa and I know the blog definitely gets some action, the website is another story.

While I work on my to-do list, I pose the challenge to you, "Do your kids see what you intended them to see on your class website and/or blog?"

Photo Credit: Moonwaves - http://www.flickr.com/photos/moonwaves/7194036/

No comments: