Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Fresh Perspective

Hi! I'm Christine and I'm spending 30 days trying to be a better blogger. Want to help me? I need a fresh perspective on my blog from newbies who have visited my space for the first time. At the recommendation of my blog guru, @Teach 42, I'd love for you to answer one or two of the following questions for me.
  • Are you overwhelmed by the amount of stuff on my blog?
  • Is there anything my blog is missing?
  • Is it easy to navigate around or do you have trouble making your way from one section to another?
  • Is there any information that you wish I had provided that isn’t there?
  • Are there any parts that you didn’t understand the purpose of?
  • Any general suggestions that you have for improvement?
  • What parts of your blog were most memorable to you, 5-10 minutes after you explored it?
I appreciate your constructive criticism. Thanks for helping me to be a better blogger.

30d2bbb image by Jason Robertshaw - licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License

5 comments:

Martha said...

Christine I think that your blog is set up nicely. I too struggle with how many widgets are too many, but each of the widgets you have, tells something about who you are and why you are blogging. You have done a nice job of using varied types of media. The only thing that I wasn't sure about was your long list of team members. Who are they and what do they do on your blog? Just wondering...:) Looks great! Keep blogging.

loonyhiker said...

I'm not new to your blog but I've mainly read your posts so today I decided to look at your whole blog. There were a few items that I liked and want to add to my blog (I hope you don't mind). I like your Show Yourself widget, Plurk widget, and your Delicious widgit. I didn't see a visitor counter anywhere. Do you use one of them? I like to use it so I can see the stats every once in awhile (when I remember to look) and it's fun to watch the number climb. I also added my Creative Commons License to the bottom of my blog so it will be shown for all of my posts. Just a few thoughts.

Sue Waters said...

Hi Christine

I read your blog using RSS through my Google Reader. I believe today's task was to create a Feedburner feed? There seems to be some sort of problem because I'm now only getting the title of your post and none of the content -- which isn't ideal for readers.

Have to admit I've seen most issues that can happen with Feedburner but this is a new one for me. So am puzzled about the solution. Normally with blogger it is because you've got it set to partial feeds but this can't be the case. I'm stumped. Let me know if you need any help sorting it out.

Christine Southard said...

Hi Martha - Thanks so much for your feedback! My masters program is called the C.W. Post TEAM and my TEAM links are hyperlinked to the members of my class.

@Loonyhiker Thanks for your comment. I will add the CC License to my sidebar as well as the counter.

@Sue - Oops, I did have the wrong setting in blogger. I fixed it and hopefully you can read my blog clearly in your reader now.

Thanks again for your suggestions. I really appreciate it!

Sue Waters said...

Hi Christine - Posts are coming through beautiful again.