Saturday, November 8, 2008

Playing in Traffic

Thanks to @Dembo, I'm playing in traffic now trying to understand my blog statistics. Since I live in a googlecentric world, I decided to use Google Analytics to analyze my blog. Here are some of my stats: Between November 3rd and today, November 8th, I've had 26 visits, 34 page views, 1.31 Pages/Visit, and a 80.77% Bounce Rate. The average time spent on my site is 2:24 minutes and 80.77% of my visitors are new to my site.

I think this is an interesting way to look at my blog. Out of the people who visit it, 9.52% visit my site directly by typing the URL, 42.86% of the visitors come from referring sites and 47.62% come from search engines. Some of my top ten referral sites include Google, blogger.com, aol, Discovery Education, Facebook, and Plurk. Since Karen Kliegman mentioned me in her blog this week, her site http://wlteam.blogspot.com/ also sent some visitors my way.

Prior to analyzing my blog, I had never logged my site traffic so specifically. Like I stated in my previous post, I used to use my ClustrMap to track the number of visits and locations that my visitors hailed from. I also relied on comments to gauge if what I've been writing about is relevant to my readers. I would love for you, my readers, to comment more, but there's no pressure. I need to give some comments in order to receive them. I also need to write more intriguing posts that spark your interest. I'll work on that. :)

I look forward to reviewing my blog statistics in about another month. I'm interested to see how my stats will change over the next thirty days. Happy blogging!

No comments: