- I attended World Youth Day in 1993 where I saw Pope John Paul II and the double rainbow he brought with him to Mile High Stadium in Denver, Colorado. I still have the wooden cross he blessed for the masses during his trip.
- When I was in high school, I was co-president of Students Against Drunk Driving. Always designate a driver or don't drink. There is no excuse.
- In middle school, I was the only girl on the cross country team. I was often dead last, but I stuck with it. Even if something is difficult, you shouldn't give up. There is satisfaction in sticking with something until the end.
- One of my first and favorite jobs was as a birthday party hostess at a plaster craft store where children came to paint ceramic molds. I loved painting and I loved the smiles. I often came home covered in paint, but I liked it.
- My parents divorced when I was in high school. While it was a good decision for them, it still hurts when I have to do events separately. I wish they had a "banana splits" group for adults.
- Once upon a time, I had a good friend who joined me on many adventures by bike, car and even once by rail. We used to get lost on purpose, just to find our way home again. I miss those days.
- It takes me a long time to make decisions about anything because I really need to contemplate the pros, cons and repercussions before I'll commit.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
7 Things About Me - That You May Not Know
@LParisi tagged me for this meme: You have to share 7 things about yourself that would be unknown to your readers. So, here goes: