Sunday, January 4, 2009

7 Things About Me - That You May Not Know

@LParisi tagged me for this meme: You have to share 7 things about yourself that would be unknown to your readers. So, here goes:
  1. I attended World Youth Day in 1993 where I saw Pope John Paul II and the double rainbow he brought with him to Mile High Stadium in Denver, Colorado. I still have the wooden cross he blessed for the masses during his trip.
  2. When I was in high school, I was co-president of Students Against Drunk Driving. Always designate a driver or don't drink. There is no excuse.
  3. In middle school, I was the only girl on the cross country team. I was often dead last, but I stuck with it. Even if something is difficult, you shouldn't give up. There is satisfaction in sticking with something until the end.
  4. One of my first and favorite jobs was as a birthday party hostess at a plaster craft store where children came to paint ceramic molds. I loved painting and I loved the smiles. I often came home covered in paint, but I liked it.
  5. My parents divorced when I was in high school. While it was a good decision for them, it still hurts when I have to do events separately. I wish they had a "banana splits" group for adults.
  6. Once upon a time, I had a good friend who joined me on many adventures by bike, car and even once by rail. We used to get lost on purpose, just to find our way home again. I miss those days.
  7. It takes me a long time to make decisions about anything because I really need to contemplate the pros, cons and repercussions before I'll commit.

6 comments:

http://bookjewel.edublogs.org said...

A great post. I love learning new things about the members of my PLN.
Love the blog too!

skip zalneraitis said...

I really appreciate you taking the time to share. Thanks.

loonyhiker said...

This was great! I loved learning more about you! My husband takes a long time to make decisions too!

lnitsche said...

Thanks for sharing Christine! What a fascinating collection of experiences and insights. Isn't it truly amazing how our histories shape our lives?

Selena Ward said...

I loved reading your post. I spend a lot of time making decisions too. I think the result of that is usually a positive one. Happy New Year!

Paul Hamilton said...

Thanks for being so real here, and for letting us see beyond the surface.